- Never block a crosswalk. This could cause a pedestrian to have to walk around your car. When this happens, you or another driver may not see them, and an accident may occur.
- Yield to pedestrians in all crosswalks, regardless of whether it’s at an intersection or not.
- Never attempt to scare a walking or biking pedestrian to try and get them to move faster.
- Use caution when driving near playgrounds as children may unintentionally run out in the road to chase a friend or to get a ball that rolled away.
- Make sure you are paying close attention in school drop-off zones. There may be pedestrians walking all around you.
Get more school and pedestrian safety tips from the National Safety Council.