The kitchen is one of the most remodeled rooms in a home, and for good reason. It’s where you spend a lot of time every day, and it only makes sense to make updates.
Here are some fun and unique kitchen remodeling ideas for your home:
- Add shelving instead of new cabinets. Everyone would welcome more space in their kitchen. Adding shelving instead of cabinets creates just as much space – and it’s less expensive.
- Add new lights. Many homeowners are surprised by how much new life and character can be brought into their existing kitchen by just adding light fixtures – especially over islands and underneath cabinets.
- Add in a new vent hood over your cooktop. There are a wide variety of vent styles available. Consider adding a new, modern or antique vented hood for a unique look and feel.
- Rolling islands. While many kitchens have a stationary island, if your home wasn’t built with one, adding one to a kitchen that doesn’t have one can be expensive and time-consuming. Instead, consider adding a movable island. They can typically be found in home improvement stores.
- Wallpaper. Consider adding one with a unique and fun print to add character to your kitchen environment.
- New countertops. If your existing counters are starting to show their age, consider replacing them. A lot of home builders are starting to use concrete as a counter surface because each slab is different.
- Breakfast nook. Many families are rushed in the mornings. Enjoy what time you have together with a small breakfast nook in your kitchen. These can easily be created with old stools and a small table.
- New sink. Antique sink styles have become all the rage with kitchen remodeling. Check around and see if you can find an old farmhouse-style sink to give your kitchen an interesting new look.
- Ceiling fan. Does your kitchen have a standard fan? Check your local home improvement store and see what different styles are available.
- Wall décor. There is a lot of unique kitchen wall décor available. Don’t limit yourself to prints of food-related items for your kitchen walls. Jazz things up with geometric shapes, wall candles, lights and more.
We hope that these fun and simple kitchen remodeling tips help you to transform your existing eating and cooking environment.