If you’re planning a trip with your family this spring, here are some tips to help keep you safe.
- Do NOT share your trip on social media where you will be going. Potential thieves see this as an open invitation to your home since you won’t be there.
- Lock all windows and side doors. Secure all windows, doors and openings at your home, including the garage door.
- Never leave anything in plain sight. If you have windows without curtains or blinds to cover them, don’t leave anything valuable out in the open.
- Provide a spare key to a trusted neighbor, family member or friend. If there is a problem and they need to get into your home, they will be able to.
- Stop mail delivery if you will be gone for an extended period. Accumulating letters and packages could be stolen, plus they’re a signal to potential thieves that no one is home.
These tips will help to keep your home and personal belongings safe during your spring trip this year. Have fun!
Get more spring break travel tips from A Secure Life.