Home warranty plans such as those offered by Pivotal Home Solutions can provide homeowners with added peace of mind. That’s because they protect you from paying out of pocket for unexpected repairs on your major household appliances and systems. Unlike manufacturer’s warranties, home warranty plans can defray the cost of repairing or replacing fundamental elements such as plumbing, air conditioning, washing machines and refrigerators that break down due to simple wear and tear. This makes them a great supplement to the warranties offered by manufacturers, retailers and builders because they provide coverage the others don’t. However, it’s important for anyone with a home warranty to understand how to get the most from this type of plan.
Taking Full Advantage of Your Home Warranty
Here are some basic tips to help you receive the full benefits of your plan:
- Perform all routine maintenance — Keep your major systems and appliances in good condition. This includes an annual checkup for your HVAC system. Doing so can reduce the possibility that you will need to file a claim. Pivotal Home Solutions offers maintenance plans for heating and cooling systems.
- Install everything properly — Only trained technicians should install appliances. This reduces the risk that something could go wrong, even at a later date.
- Call your home warranty provider first — If you experience a problem with any of the elements covered by your Pivotal Home Solutions plan, always call Pivotal Home Solutions first rather than schedule your own technician or repair service.
- Read your Customer Agreement thoroughly — This way you can understand all the policy terms and know exactly what is covered.
Conditions to Avoid
Certain conditions may void your service contract, so be careful to avoid these situations:
- Check for pre-existing conditions — When buying a warranty, understand that appliances or systems that aren’t in good working condition before you sign up may not be covered by your plan.
- Take care of your property — Normal usage is one thing, but plans will not cover repairs on equipment that has been abused or neglected.
- Don’t try to do it yourself — If you think you can fix a malfunctioning appliance yourself, you should think again. Not only could you make the problem worse by tinkering with an appliance yourself, but you could also cause your service contract to be voided.
Hassle-Free Coverage From Pivotal Home Solutions
We offer our customers a variety of customizable home warranty plans that allow them to cover their entire property or just a few elements. Unlike some other providers, we give you the option to select only the types of protection that matter most to you, with convenient billing options and exceptional customer service.
No matter what plan or plans you choose, you’ll have the security of knowing you can receive hassle-free, 24/7 assistance from our Customer Care representatives and work performed only by local, experienced, pre-qualified service providers. Get in touch with us today to learn more about everything we can do for you.