One chore that a lot of homeowners dread is cleaning their oven. However, it’s necessary from time to time in order to get rid of baked-on grease.
If your appliance doesn’t have a self-cleaning mode, here is a step-by-step guide to getting your oven clean and ready for cooking.
- Prep the oven. Scrape off what you can of the built-up grease. Wipe away large food chunks from the bottom. Next, spread on a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. Let this mix sit on your oven walls for several hours.
- Have the right tools handy. You are going to need gloves, scouring pads, brushes and old towels/washcloths.
- Scrub. You are going to need to use some elbow grease to remove those tough spots. Be ready to spend an hour or two just scrubbing the oven walls. Be sure to get into all the crevices of the oven where grease and food particles may be hiding.
- Rinse with water. Rinse the walls off with warm water and wipe away all of the excess grease.
- Final wipe-down. Inspect your work and do a final wipe-down of any problem areas that may have stuck around.