Preferred Water Heater Repair
What would you do if the hot water in your home suddenly went cold? Water heaters can fail without notice — no matter their age. You rely on your home’s water heater every day — for showers, washing dishes, cleaning, laundry and more. Having a working water heater is essential.
Whether your water heater is tankless or traditional, whether it is gas, electric or oil-fueled, getting a failed water heater fixed can start with just a simple phone call to us. If you’re enrolled in the Preferred Water Heater Repair Plan from American Home Solutions, finding a local, experienced, pre-qualified service provider can be as simple as calling our customer care line. We’re here 24/7 to answer your call, and you don’t have to pay a deductible or trip charge to have a service professional come to your home.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Repair coverage for one traditional or tankless, gas, electric, or oil water heater.
- Coverage for parts and labor, up to $2,000 annually for repairs or, if your water heater cannot be repaired, reimbursement toward replacement for repairs needed due to normal wear and tear or defect in workmanship or mechanical/electrical failure.
Repair coverage will begin 30 days after enrollment and is subject to eligibility. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers.
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence — you can cancel your plan any time and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan
- No restrictions on water heater age, make or model.
Q: What is covered by Preferred Water Heater Repair?
A: The plan provides up to $2,000 per year toward repair or, if your water heater cannot be repaired toward replacement, including parts and labor, for one traditional or tankless gas, electric, or oil water heater. For coverage exclusions, refer to the Customer Agreement.
Q: I have an older water heater. Can I still get this coverage?
A: Yes. Any age or brand of water heater can be covered. Please note, though, that the repair coverage for your water heater begins 30 days after your enrollment is processed, and pre-existing conditions are not covered.
Q: Do you cover tankless water heaters?
A: Yes. We service both traditional or tankless models, whether they are gas, electric, or oil-fueled.
Q: Doesn't my homeowners insurance cover this?
A: Standard homeowners insurance policies may not cover the repair of household appliances like water heaters due to normal wear and tear. It is possible that your individual policy does, but these responsibilities commonly fall on the homeowner.
Q: What should I do if I smell natural gas?
A: Leave immediately if you smell gas in your home. Do not operate anything that could cause a spark — including lights, cell phones, flashlights and appliances. Get to a safe location outside your home and then call 911 and your local gas utility. Wait for a crew to check on the source of the odor and make the area safe before returning.