Preferred Gas Line Protection
Receive comprehensive coverage for your gas line with the Preferred Gas Line Protection plan. This includes coverage for repairs and leaks with gas piping to appliances located inside and outside of the home, such as gas grills, lamp posts, pool heaters and detached garages.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
Up to $3,500 for Repair Coverage
- Repairs of leaks of gas piping to appliances located outside the home such as gas grills, lamp posts, pool heaters and detached garages
- Repairs of interior gas pipes or connectors from the point after the meter
- Reimbursement up to $250 for professional restoration costs, such as painting, drywall, filling in holes necessitated by a covered repair, or landscape restoration
- No waiting period; coverage begins as soon as your enrollment is approved
- Up to $3,500 in protection per year to cover repairs to leaks on interior gas lines that can
develop over time due to every day wear and tear Includes an annual in-home inspection of your exposed interior natural gas lines, appliance connectors and shutoff valves
Note: Gas pipes and connectors must be exposed with reasonable access Gas piping must be 1/2 to 1-1/4 inch pipe of a type certified by the American Gas Association, National Fuel Gas Code or the National Fire Protection Association Gas piping must be installed to meet local, state and federal codes.
Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7
- No deductibles or trip charges
- Add your plan with confidence. Your plan can be canceled at any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model
Q: Does this plan cover connectors to my outdoor grill or outdoor kitchen accessories?
A: Yes, it does. The plan will cover the natural gas connectors to your outdoor grill or outdoor kitchen accessories.
Q: What should I do if I smell natural gas?
A: If you smell gas in your home, leave immediately. Do not operate anything that could cause a spark, including lights, cell phones, flashlights and appliances. From a safe location, call 911 and your local utility, which will dispatch a crew to check on the source of the odor and make the area safe.
Q: Can I get an inspection of my natural gas lines?
A: Yes. You are entitled to one yearly natural gas line inspection in your home. Appointment for in-home inspections are subject to schedule availability). Dangerous or leaking connectors will be replaced. See the customer agreement for plan details.
Q: Is there a waiting period to file a claim?
A: No. With this plan, claims may be filed at any time.
Q: What if I am no longer interested in the plan and would like to cancel?
A: You can cancel your plan with a simple 30-day notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you were on the program.
Get Email News and Reminders
Sign up to receive our monthly informational newsletter, special offers,
and valuable home maintenance reminders.