Preferred Energy Essentials
Up to $17,000 in combined repair coverage.
Preferred Energy Essentials Protection combines our Preferred Interior Electric Line, Complete Gas Line and Surge Protection Plans into a convenient, money-saving bundle for homeowners, with NO service fees!
Because standard homeowners insurance policies may not cover the repair of a home’s natural gas lines and electric lines for repairs needed due to ordinary wear and tear, or repair/replacement of surge-damaged electronics and appliances, you could be faced with paying for repairs or replacements on your own. That’s why our Preferred Energy Essentials Protection Plan is a great choice. With this plan, you are entitled to an annual in-home inspection of your home’s exposed interior gas lines, shutoff valves and gas appliance connectors, including the connections at your heating system. Any leaking connectors found will be replaced as part of your home gas line protection coverage. (This inspection is upon your request and subject to schedule availability.)
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
Up to $17,000 in combined annual repair coverage.
- Save 18% compared to purchasing all the included coverages separately.
- Up to $10,000 per year of coverage for repair of exposed natural gas lines inside the home and underground natural gas lines leading to the meter outside the home that are owned by you and are your responsibility.
- Repairs of leaks on exposed interior natural gas lines that can develop over time due to everyday wear and tear.
- Up to $5,000 per year of coverage for repair of electrical wiring inside the home (covers electrical breaker panels, circuit breakers, doorbells, standard interior copper wiring, standard wall outlets including GFCI, standard wall switches, standard dimmers and thermostat wiring).
- Up to $2,000 of reimbursement for repair/replacement of qualifying electronic devices and appliances valued at $100 or more if they are damaged by a power surge.
- An annual in-home inspection of your exposed interior natural gas lines, appliance connectors and shutoff valves (available upon request and subject to schedule availability).
- Reimbursement up to $1,000 per year for professional restoration costs, such as painting, drywall, filling in holes or landscape restoration necessitated by a covered gas line repair.
- Reimbursement up to $3,500 per year for reasonable hotel room and up to $1,000 per year for reasonable boarding of house pets per covered repair if your gas line is unusable and you need temporary housing as a result until service is restored. (Any such hotel room or boarding must be authorized in advance.)
NOTE: Interior gas pipes and connectors must be exposed with reasonable access. Gas piping must be 1/2 to 1-1/4 inch pipe of a type certified by the American Gas Association, National Fuel Gas Code or the National Fire Protection Association. Gas piping must be installed to meet local, state and federal codes. Electric line coverage is only available for households with an electrical service entrance rated at or below 400 Amps.
Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from pre-qualified local service providers.
- Customer support line is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence. You can cancel your plan any time, and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
Q: What should I do if I smell natural gas?
A: Leave immediately if you smell gas in your home. Do not operate anything that could cause a spark — including lights, cell phones, flashlights and appliances. Get to a safe location and then call 911 and your local gas utility. Wait for a crew to check on the source of the odor and make the area safe before returning.
Q: Does this plan cover connectors to my outdoor gas grill or outdoor kitchen gas accessories?
A: Yes, it does. The plan will cover outdoor natural gas piping and the connectors to your outdoor grill, outdoor kitchen accessories and more.
Q: Can I get an inspection of the natural gas lines at my home?
A: Yes. The Complete Gas Line Protection Plan entitles you to a yearly natural gas line inspection in your home (upon your request and subject to schedule availability). As part of your coverage, leaking connectors will be replaced. Let us know when you’re ready to schedule your appointment.
Q: What does Surge Protection cover?
A: It provides reimbursement coverage for repair or replacement of your electronics and electric appliances that are inside your home and valued at $100 or more if they are damaged by an electrical surge.
Q: Is there a waiting period to file a claim?
A: The gas line portion of your coverage is effective immediately upon enrollment. The effective date and protection under the Preferred Interior Electric Line Protection and Surge Protection portions will be 30 days after your enrollment date. When your coverage is effective, you can just call us whenever you have a covered problem.
Q: Will my electrical light fixtures be covered?
A: Lighting fixtures themselves are not covered with this plan. However, the wiring leading to them and standard switches or dimmers that control them are covered.
Q: Will my fuse box be covered in case there is a problem?
A: Yes. Whether you have a fuse box or a circuit breaker, it’s covered up to the amount listed in your terms and conditions.