Preferred Cooling Protection
Summer weather can be tough on your cooling system, especially during extended periods of extreme heat. That’s when many air conditioning systems are most likely to fail. If you’ve ever found yourself without air conditioning during a heat wave, you probably know that finding skilled technicians on your own with short notice can be difficult. Plus, home AC repair service can be expensive.
Don’t let yourself get stuck dealing with broken-down cooling system on your own. With the Preferred Cooling Protection Plan home warranty, the cost of any covered repairs up to plan limits that your AC or Heat Pump needs as the result of regular wear and tear won’t come out of your pocket.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Coverage for one primary central cooling system, ducted electric central air conditioning, and blower motor located in the furnace (furnace must be in good working condition) if necessary for proper operation of the cooling system.
- Repair coverage, or reimbursement toward replacement, if your covered cooling equipment cannot be repaired, of up to $3,000 annually (up to $1,750 per incident).
- Up to a maximum of 2 lbs. of replacement refrigerant, not to exceed $100 per annual term, is provided at no additional cost if needed.
- Blower motors, AC compressor and evaporator coils are included with this coverage.
- Covered parts and labor due to normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship are covered.
Repair coverage will begin 30 days after enrollment and is subject to eligibility. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from pre-qualified local service providers.
- Customer support line is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence. You can cancel your plan any time and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model.
Q: What is covered in the Preferred Cooling Protection Plan?
A: The plan provides repair coverage, or reimbursement toward replacement if your unit cannot be repaired, for a single central air conditioning unit or heat pump. Covered parts and labor needed due to normal wear and tear are included.
Q: Does it matter how old my cooling equipment is?
A: The age of your heating and/or cooling equipment does not matter, nor does the make or model. But please note that pre-existing conditions are not covered.
Q: How soon can I use the service?
A: You can make a claim beginning 30 days after we process your enrollment.
Q: How much are deductibles and trip charges?
A: There are no deductibles, trip charges or other hidden fees in this coverage.
Q: Doesn't my homeowners insurance cover this?
A: Standard homeowners insurance policies may not cover repair or reimbursement toward replacement of your cooling system for repairs needed due to normal wear and tear.