You and your family depend on your furnace or boiler to keep your home warm and cozy on even the coldest days of the year. However, what should you do if your heater stops working properly? Even if you consider yourself a fairly handy homeowner who can tackle weekend do-it-yourself projects with ease, dealing with heating repair work is something that is better left to the professionals.
If you don’t know what you are doing, the diagnostic and repair work could prove to be incredibly dangerous. This is especially true if you don’t have much hands-on experience with repair work on electrical and gas-powered appliances. A professional heating repair expert will be able to quickly diagnose any problems with your furnace or boiler and recommend the best course of action so that your family isn’t without warm, comfortable heat for too long.
Many Pivotal Home Solutions brands offer affordable heating repair and maintenance plans for homeowners.
What are some common warning signs of a heating system problem?
If you notice any of the following issues, you should contact a heating and cooling professional as soon as possible:
- Heating system won’t come on at all, even after adjusting the thermostat to a higher temperature.
- Furnace or boiler is making strange sounds when running.
- Heating system is randomly turning on or shutting off.
- Certain areas of the home don’t feel as warm as they should, even when there isn’t anything blocking vents.
- Furnace or boiler isn’t providing adequate warmth at the temperature the thermostat is set to.
How to enroll in a plan
If you are interested in signing up for a heating repair or maintenance plan, please visit our homepage and enter your zip code into the search box at the top of the screen. From here, you will be provided with a list of our available brand(s) in your region. Click through to the brand’s site and see what plans are available to you. You will be able to enroll online or by giving us a call.