Surge Protection 2K
If your lights ever dim when your heating system kicks on, you have evidence of a power surge that may affect your electronics. Whenever an appliance with a motor or compressor (like a refrigerator) cycles on and off, the power surges within your home. The effects could damage your electronics.
A Surge Protection plan can provide you with financial protection from power surges by providing for coverage for electronics inside your home with a value of $100 or more.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Covers of residential electronics, electrical systems, appliances and other electrical devices valued at $100 or more within your residence that fail due to electrical surges.
- 2,000 per annual term for the repair or reimbursement toward replacement
- Covered appliances include:
o Stereo equipment
o Heating systems
o Electric appliances, such as refrigerators, washers and dryers
Please note: You must request a claim form no later than thirty (30) days of an electrical surge incident. The claim form must be completed in full and returned with a copy of the service provider invoice within thirty (30) days of receiving the claim form. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7
- No deductibles or trip charges
- Add your plan with confidence. Your plan can be canceled at any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model
Q: Are mobile phones covered?
A: If you are using the official charger that came with the phone and it is damaged from a surge while plugged in, you will be covered.
Q: How long do I have to notify your company about surge damage?
A: You must inform us and have all your required claim paperwork submitted within 30 days of the incident.
Q: How do I know if I’ve had damage from a surge?
A: You must hire your own service provider who is a certified electrician. He or she must perform a thorough and professional diagnostic job and would make that determination.
Q: Does surge protection cover my electrical systems?
A: No. This plan does not cover your electrical systems. For more information as to what is and isn’t covered, please refer to your customer agreement.
Q: Are relatives’ or friends’ appliances (phones, game consoles, laptops, etc.) covered with this protection plan?
A: No. All damaged items must belong to you. The items also cannot be any rented items.
Q: Are all electrical products covered under this plan?
A: We will reimburse for the repair or replacement of any electrical product that has a value of $100 or more.
Get Email News and Reminders
Sign up to receive our monthly informational newsletter, special offers,
and valuable home maintenance reminders.