Preferred Home Protection Plan
Protect 17 major home systems, utility lines and appliances with the Preferred Home Protection Plan. Sign up for protection today and you'll have just one number to call when you need a covered home repair. You won't have to search out qualified plumbers, electricians and other technicians. We'll do that for you!
Best of all, you'll be protected from a variety of unexpected expenses with up to $47,750 of combined annual coverage for 17 different home systems, utility lines and appliances.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
Up to $47,750 in Combined Annual Coverage
- Up to $4,000 per year to repair, replace, or clear blockages and breaks in outside sewer lines. Up to $4,000 per year for public sidewalk/driveway/road opening repairs related to covered outside sewer line repairs. Up to $500 per year for landscape restoration reimbursement related to covered outside sewer line repairs.
- Up to $4,000 per year to repair or replace a leaking or broken outside water line. Up to $1,000 per year for public sidewalk/driveway/road opening repairs related to covered outside water line repairs. Up to $500 per year for landscape restoration reimbursement related to covered outside water line repairs.
- Up to $3,000 per year ($1,500 per incident) to repair or replace your heating system.
- Up to $3,000 per year ($1,500 per incident) to repair or replace your cooling system including a maximum of 2 pounds of refrigerant, not to exceed $100 per annual term.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your water heater.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your clothes washer.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your clothes dryer.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your range or wall oven/cooktop.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your refrigerator.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your built-in microwave oven.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your garbage disposal.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your dishwasher.
- Up to $2,000 per year ($400 per incident) to repair or replace your garage door opener.
- Up to $2,000 per year to repair inside media lines (such as phone, internet, cable).
- Up to $3,500 per year to repair leaks to exposed inside natural gas lines or connectors as well as repairs to leaks to exposed gas piping to detached garages and appliances located outside the home (such as gas grills, lamp posts, and pool heaters), and an annual inspection (subject to availability) of your inside natural gas lines, appliance connectors and shut-off valves. Also, an additional reimbursement up to $250 per year for professional restoration costs such as painting, drywall, filling in holes necessitated by a covered repair or landscape restoration.
- Up to $2,000 per year to repair exposed inside and outside electrical wiring.
- Up to $2,000 per year to repair leaks or breaks to exposed interior water supply/drain lines/pipes including shut-off valves and clearing of blockages to your inside drainage piping.
- Convenient monthly billing options available
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7
- No deductibles or trip charges
- Add your plan with confidence. You can cancel your plan any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model
Q: Do I have to be a homeowner to enroll in the plan?
A: Yes. You have to be a homeowner, and it has to be a single-family home. We do not provide this plan for rental properties or attached homes such as condominiums, duplexes or townhomes because multiple dwelling units share water and sewer lines. We also do not provide this plan for commercial properties or residential properties that are utilized as a business or commercial property.
Q: Will I receive maintenance for my home’s systems and appliances with this plan?
A: No. Maintenance is not included with this plan. However, you can purchase our heating and cooling maintenance plans separately.
Q: When does repair coverage begin?
A: For most systems, repair coverage begins 30 days after enrollment and coverage under gas line plan(s) starts upon enrollment. Separate coverage limits and incident caps apply to covered systems and appliances. Subject to eligibility.
Q: Are there any deductibles or trip charges to worry about with this plan?
A: No. Unlike some home warranty or home repair services, with a Preferred Home Protection Plan, there is no charge to have a qualified technician come out to your home.
Q: Are damaged bins and drawers in the refrigerator covered with this plan?
A: No. These parts are not covered with the Preferred Home Protection Plan.
Q: What is covered with my garage door opener?
A: Only the motor itself is covered. Not springs, tracks, panels, the remote or any other part of the garage door system.
Q: Will my microwave oven be covered?
A: Yes, but only if it is a built-in microwave oven.
Q: Is my exhaust fan covered above my stove?
A. No. A cooktop’s exhaust fan is not covered with this plan.
Q: Will you cover flooring damage if my broken washer leaks?
A: No. For information about covered parts and repairs, please refer to your customer agreement.
Q: If my clothes washer or dryer breaks down, do you offer to replace the unit?
A: No. Customers will, however, receive reimbursement toward the purchase of a new unit if the appliance is deemed irreparable by one of our service providers or technicians.
Q: Does reimbursement cover installation, delivery or hauling away the old appliances?
A: No. You can use the reimbursement to cover the purchase of a new appliance, but it will not cover installation, delivery or hauling away an old unit.
Q: Are coin-operated clothes washers or dryers covered by this plan?
A: No. Coin-operated appliances are not covered.
Q: If I have a stackable clothes washer and dryer, do I get coverage for one or both of the appliances?
A: You will receive coverage for both the clothes washer and dryer.