Preferred Heating Protection
Every time the weather turns cold, thousands of homeowners unexpectedly face the cost, inconvenience and discomfort of a heating system breakdown. If you’re enrolled in the Preferred Home Heating Protection Plan, you don’t have to fear the unexpected. If your furnace, boiler or heat exchanger stops working, simply give us a call 24/7. Soon you’ll be having repair work performed by a local, experienced, pre-qualified heating service provider.
Like all our warranty protection plans, the Preferred Home Furnace Protection Plan covers problems like repairs needed due to ordinary wear and tear that standard homeowners insurance may not cover. When you’re enrolled in this home heating warranty program and experience a covered system failure, you won’t have to worry about finding your own qualified service technician — we take care of that!
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Repair coverage, or reimbursement toward replacement if your furnace or boiler cannot be repaired, of up to $3,000 annually (up to $1,750 per incident).
- Thermostats, heat exchangers, pumps, and backflow preventers are included with this coverage.
- Covered parts and labor due to normal wear and tear and defects in workmanship.
- Repair or replacement coverage for one furnace or boiler per service address.
Repair coverage will begin 30 days after enrollment and is subject to eligibility. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from pre-qualified local service providers.
- Customer support line is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence. You can cancel your plan any time and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model.
Q: Doesn't my homeowners insurance cover this?
A: Standard homeowners insurance policies may not cover repair or replacement of your heating system due to normal wear and tear.
Q: Does the age or brand of my equipment matter?
A: No. Whether your unit is brand new or an older make or model does not matter, but please note that pre-existing conditions are not covered.
Q: Is there a waiting period to file a claim?
A: Repair coverage will begin 30 days after your enrollment is processed and is subject to eligibility.
Q: What should I do if I smell natural gas?
A: Leave immediately if you smell gas in your home. Do not operate anything that could cause a spark — including lights, cell phones, flashlights and appliances. Get to a safe location outside your home and then call 911 and your local gas utility. Wait for a crew to check on the source of the odor and make the area safe before returning.