Heating and Cooling Maintenance
The Heating and Cooling Maintenance plan is one of our most comprehensive comfort packages and your best maintenance value. Our HVAC maintenance plan help ensure your systems are running safely and at optimum efficiency while helping guard against costly breakdowns. All maintenance work is performed by our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Annual performance tune-up on one central air conditioner heat pump
- One comprehensive annual peak performance tune-up and safety check on one furnace or boiler
The Heating Maintenance includes a 20-point heating tune-up, including:
- Clean and adjust burners and pilot
- Check heat exchanger cells
- Clean and check blower assembly
- Check air filter
- Check for furnace noises or vibrations
- Check that safeties operate
- Check heating unit venting and drafting
- Visual inspection of water heater
- Check for carbon monoxide leaks
- Replace thermocouple if needed
The Cooling Maintenance includes:
- Checking and installing new filter when necessary (additional cost for filter)
- Checking refrigerant level and adding up to a maximum of 2 lbs. of replacement refrigerant, not to exceed $100 per annual term at no additional cost if needed
- Inspect and clean condensers
- Check the electrical connection and AMP draw
Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7
- No deductibles or trip charges
- Add your plan with confidence. Your plan can be canceled at any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model
Q: Will you change my filter(s)?
A: Yes. We will change your filter if you already have a replacement on hand. We do not provide new filters.
Q: When will the technician be at my home for heating or cooling maintenance?
A: You will be provided with the soonest availability for your appointment. Your appointment window is subject to change depending on weather conditions and technician availability.
Q: Does a maintenance appointment guarantee that my furnace or air conditioner won’t need repairs for a while?
A: Maintenance appointments may help to extend the life of your systems, but they do not guarantee that there will not be a problem in the future. Maintenance can also help you identify issues that need attention before they become larger problems.
Q: How many times per year will I receive maintenance?
A: You will receive maintenance once a year for your heating system and once a year for your cooling system.
Q: When should I schedule maintenance?
A: Call in the late summer for heating maintenance for the best chance of scheduling a convenient appointment time. Call in the late winter or early spring to schedule your cooling maintenance. Keep in mind that the temperatures outside must be at or above 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and it must be dry in order for cooling maintenance to take place.
Q: Can I use my furnace or air conditioner without first having a maintenance appointment?
A: Yes. Although, it is recommended that you have your unit maintained before peak heating or cooling season. Having maintenance once a year should keep your system in good condition.
Q: How much refrigerant will my cooling system be provided with during a maintenance appointment?
A: Up to a maximum of 2 lbs. of replacement refrigerant, not to exceed $100 per annual term is provided at no additional cost if needed. We can add more, but the additional cost is not included.
Get Email News and Reminders
Sign up to receive our monthly informational newsletter, special offers,
and valuable home maintenance reminders.