Heating and Cooling Maintenance
The Heating and Cooling Maintenance plan is one of our most comprehensive comfort packages and your best maintenance value. Our HVAC maintenance plan helps ensure your systems are running safely and at optimum efficiency while helping guard against costly breakdowns. All maintenance work is performed by our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Annual performance tune-up on one central air conditioner or heat pump.
- One comprehensive annual peak performance tune-up and safety check on one furnace or boiler.
The Heating Maintenance includes a 20-point heating tune-up, including (as applicable):
- Clean and adjust burners and pilot.
- Check heat exchanger cells.
- Clean and check blower assembly.
- Check air filter.
- Check for furnace noises or vibrations.
- Check that safeties operate.
- Check heating unit venting and drafting.
- Visual inspection of water heater.
- Check for carbon monoxide leaks.
- Replace thermocouple if needed.
The Cooling Maintenance includes:
- Inspect and clean condensers.
- Check the electrical connection and AMP draw.
Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers.
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence. You can cancel your plan any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model.
Q: Will you change my filter(s)?
A: Replacement filters are not included with your plan.
Q: When will the technician be at my home for heating or cooling maintenance?
A: You will be provided with the soonest availability for your appointment. Your appointment window is subject to change depending on weather conditions and technician availability.
Q: Does a maintenance appointment guarantee that my furnace or air conditioner won’t need repairs for a while?
A: Maintenance appointments may help to extend the life of your systems, but they do not guarantee that there will not be a problem in the future. Maintenance can also help you identify issues that need attention before they become larger problems.
Q: How many times per year will I receive maintenance?
A: You will receive maintenance once a year for your heating system and once a year for your cooling system.
Q: When should I schedule maintenance?
A: Call in the late summer for heating maintenance for the best chance of scheduling a convenient appointment time. Call in the late winter or early spring to schedule your cooling maintenance. Keep in mind that the temperatures outside must be at or above 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and it must be dry in order for cooling maintenance to take place.
Q: Can I use my furnace or air conditioner without first having a maintenance appointment?
A: Yes. Although, it is recommended that you have your unit maintained before peak heating or cooling season. Having maintenance once a year should keep your system in good condition.
Q: What should I do if I smell natural gas?
A: Leave immediately if you smell gas in your home. Do not operate anything that could cause a spark — including lights, cell phones, flashlights and appliances. Get to a safe location outside your home and then call 911 and your local gas utility. Wait for a crew to check on the source of the odor and make the area safe before returning.