Garbage Disposal Repair
A garbage disposal breakdown can be a messy and expensive inconvenience. Our repair plan helps you plan for the inevitable breakdowns, with coverage of up to $400 per incident (up to $2,000 per year) and just one number to call for prequalified service providers.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Repair protection for one garbage disposal
- Protection of up to $400 per incident in repairs or replacement with an aggregate $2,000 annual limit
- Includes covered parts and labor resulting from defect or mechanical /electrical failure
Note: This plan is available only to customers who own one of our other appliance packages. Repair coverage will begin 30 days after enrollment and is subject to eligibility. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7
- No deductibles or trip charges
- Add your plan with confidence. Your can cancel your plan any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model
Q: What are some simple tips for maintaining my garbage disposal?
A: Here are some easy tips to help you avoid a garbage disposal breakdown:
- Never put the following items in the disposal: glass, plastic, metal, paper, corrosive materials, anything flammable, grease/fats/oils, egg shells, coffee grounds, potato peels, cigarette butts or expandable foods, such as rice.
- Be sure to regularly clean the disposal.
- Cut large chunks of food into smaller pieces before putting them in the disposal.
- Run the disposal often. Don’t be afraid of it.
- If the garbage disposal backs up into the sink or won’t drain water, you may need a plumber to look at the problem.
Q: What brands are covered?
A: We can perform work on all brands of garbage disposals.
Q: If the garbage disposal breaks down, will you offer a replacement?
A: If your unit is deemed irreparable by an approved service provider, you will receive reimbursement of up to $400 towards the purchase of a new unit.
Q: Can I buy a garbage disposal plan separately?
A: No. You must be enrolled in the Kitchen Essentials or Complete Home Protection Plan in order to eligible for enrolling in the garbage disposal plan.
Q: Is there a waiting period to file a claim?
A: Yes. Repair coverage will begin 30 days after enrollment and is subject to eligibility.
Q: What if I am no longer interested in the plan and would like to cancel?
A: You can cancel your plan with a simple 30-day notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you