Preferred Interior Electric Line Protection
Whether your home is older or newer, the failure of electrical wiring or electrical system could leave you unable to charge your devices or turn on your lights, computers, television, and appliances — even your home’s air conditioning and heating systems could be unable to function. To get things back to normal, you could be left paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars out of your own pocket for repairs. That’s what makes enrolling in our Preferred Interior Electric Line Protection plan such an easy choice.
The Preferred Interior Electric Line Protection warranty plan from American Home Solutions provides you with coverage for your home’s vital interior electric wiring for up to a maximum of $5,000 annually. General wiring, standard wall outlets (including GFCI), standard wall switches, standard dimmers, circuit breakers, breaker panels, doorbells, and even thermostat wiring and intercom wiring are included in this interior electric protection plan. Click here to learn about our Preferred Exterior Electrical Line Protection plan.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Coverage for electrical wiring inside the home up to a maximum of $5,000 per year for covered parts and labor.
- Covers breaker panels, circuit breakers, doorbells, standard interior copper wiring, standard wall outlets including GFCI, standard wall switches, standard dimmers and thermostat wiring.
- Only available for households with an electrical service entrance rated at or below 400 Amps.
Repair coverage will begin 30 days after enrollment and is subject to eligibility. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from pre-qualified local service providers.
- Customer support line is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence. You can cancel your plan any time and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
Q: Doesn't my homeowners insurance cover these issues?
A: Individual insurance policies can vary, but standard homeowners insurance policies may not cover repair or replacement of your electric wiring and components for repairs needed due to normal wear and tear.
Q: Will electric line problems in my garage be covered with this plan?
A: Yes, if you have an attached garage the electric lines are covered. Electric lines in detached garages are not covered.
Q: Will my fuse box be covered in case there's a problem?
A: Yes. Whether you have a fuse box or a circuit breaker, it’s covered up to $5,000 annually.
Q: Will my light fixtures be covered?
A: No, lighting fixtures themselves are not covered with this interior electric protection plan. However, the wiring leading to them and standard switches or dimmers that control them are covered.
Q: Who will provide repair service if I need it?
A: Repairs will be completed by experienced, independent service providers in your area. They conduct business in a professional, prompt and efficient manner.