Your central air conditioner should be tuned up and its refrigerant level checked each year in order to maintain peak efficiency. Without proper attention, your AC equipment could fail when you need it the most. Take care of this important annual service with our Cooling Maintenance plan.
Cooling Maintenance is an air conditioner maintenance plan that includes an annual performance tune-up for one central air conditioner. The appointment includes a refrigerant check and up to a maximum of 2 lbs. of replacement refrigerant (not to exceed $100 per annual term) at no additional cost if needed. There are no restrictions on the age or model of your AC unit. When you rely on us to handle your air conditioner’s regular maintenance requirements, all work is performed by one of our experienced in-house service technicians or one of our highly qualified network contractors.
Add additional plans to this coverage.
You can have this add-on plan if you purchased one of the required plans.
- What's Included
- Annual performance tune-up on one primary central cooling system, ducted electric central air conditioning, and blower motor located in the furnace if necessary for proper operation of the cooling system.
- Checking refrigerant level and adding up to a maximum of 2 lbs. of replacement refrigerant, not to exceed $100 per annual term at no additional cost if needed. Additional refrigerant can be added, but the cost is not included.
- Inspect and clean condensers.
- Check the electrical connection and AMP draw.
Note: Air Conditioning maintenance can only be performed in dry conditions with temperatures over 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Additional exclusions and restrictions may apply. For complete information on the plan, including applicable terms and conditions, see the Customer Agreement.
- Convenient monthly billing options available.
- Professional service from our skilled, in-house technicians or pre-qualified local service providers.
- Phone service is available 365 days per year, 24/7.
- No deductibles or trip charges.
- Add your plan with confidence. Your can cancel your plan any time with 30 days’ notice and you will only be responsible for payment for the months you are on the plan.
- No restrictions on age, make or model.
Q: Will you change my filter?
A: Replacement filters are not included with your plan.
Q: When will the technician be at my home for the cooling maintenance appointment?
A: You will be provided with the soonest availability for an appointment. Your appointment window is subject to change depending on weather conditions and technician availability.
Q: How much refrigerant will my unit be provided with during a maintenance appointment?
A: Up to 2 lbs. of refrigerant per year, not to exceed $100 per annual term, is provided at no additional cost during a cooling system maintenance appointment if it is deemed necessary to achieve proper coolant levels.
Q: Are there any weather restrictions to having a cooling maintenance appointment?
A: It needs to be at least 55 degrees Fahrenheit outside and with dry conditions.
Q: How do I prepare for a maintenance appointment in my home?
A: Be sure that all cooling equipment is accessible, and make note of where your air conditioner, fuse box, ventilation, and thermostat are located. Also, write down the manufacturer and model numbers of relevant equipment should the information be needed during your appointment.